Conferences and seminars
Papers presented in conferences and seminars
- Online discourse as a space of expressing hostility: anti-immigrant metaphors in reader comments of Lithuanian news articles. 14th Conference of the Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor (RaAM14) Virtual: Metaphor and Space. June 23-26, 2021. Conference hosted by the Faculty of Philology, Vilnius University. Book of Abstracts [pp. 208 – 209].
- ‘Cockroaches’, ‘locusts’ and other ‘parasites’: The role of metaphor in the expression of anti-immigrant prejudice in Lithuanian online user-generated discourse. Linguistic and Social Aspects of Hate Speech in Modern Societies. March 22-23, 2021. Conference organised and hosted by the members of the Velux-project “Towards Balance and Boundaries in Public Discourse: Expressing and Perceiving Online Hate Speech (XPEROHS).
- Acting emotions: Metaphor and metonymy in the animated movie Inside Out (2015) and its Lithuanian dubbed version. 13th Conference of the Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor (RaAM) 2020Virtual: Metaphorical creativity in a multilingual world. June 18-21, 2020. Conference hosted by the Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN), Hamar, Norway. Book of Abstracts.
- ‘A bunch of parasites invading our country’: Metaphorical representation of (im)migrants in Lithuanian online press. Culture, Cognition, Communication: Language and Culture in Social Cognition (LCSC 2019). November 21-22, 2019, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin (UMCS). Book of Abstracts [p. 27].
- Taking the law into our own hands: A contrastive corpus-driven study of metaphor in English and Lithuanian criminology discourse. International Cognitive Linguistics Conference (ICLC 14): Linguistic Diversity and Cognitive Linguistics
July 10-14, 2017. University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia. Book of Abstracts [pp. 506-507].
- Metafora akademiniame baudžiamosios teisės diskurse: gretinamasis tyrimas [Metaphor in academic criminal law discourse: a contrastive study]. Seminar of the Lithuanian Association of Applied Linguistics LITAKA. Vilnius University, Lithuania. January 6, 2017.
- Deprivation of liberty or imprisonment? Metaphors in the Criminal Code of the Republic of Lithuania and their translation into English. [co-authored with Inesa Šeškauskienė]. 49th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea (SLE). University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy, August 31-September 3, 2016. Book of Abstracts [pp. 280-282].
- Ruling the family with an iron fist: Metaphoric and metonymic representation of domestic violence in Lithuanian public discourse via verbal and visual modes of expression. 11th Conference of the Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor (RaAM): Metaphor in the Arts, in Media and Communication. Free University Berlin, Germany, 1-4 July, 2016. Book of Abstracts [pp. 207-209].
- From freedom to liberty to custodial sentence in the Criminal Code of the Republic of Lithuania, or some strategies of translating Lithuanian collocations with laisvė ‘freedom’ into English [co-authored with Inesa Šeškauskienė]. 7th FLaRN (Formulaic Language Research Network) Conference. Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania. 28-30 June 2016. Book of Abstracts [pp. 65-68].
- Erdvės metafora lietuvių kalboje: leksinių ir gramatinių raiškos priemonių nustatymo aspektai [Spatial metaphors in Lithuanian: Aspects of identifying lexical and grammatical means of expression] [co-authored with Eglė Vaivadaitė-Kaidi]. 12th International Congress of Balticists. Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania. 28-30 October 2015. Book of Abstracts [p. 169].
- Metaphor translation on trial: Metaphors in the Criminal Code of the Republic of Lithuania and their translation into English. Researching and Applying Metaphor (RaAM) specialized seminar on Metaphors in/and/of Translation. Leiden University, Leiden, the Netherlands. 10–12 June 2015.
- Metaphors in academic legal discourse: The case of criminal justice. 10th Conference of the Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor: Metaphor in Communication, Science and Education, Cagliari, Italy, June 20-23, 2014.
- Metaphoricity of academic legal discourse: the case of criminal justice. 6th International Scientific Conference „Linguistic, Didactic and Sociocultural Aspects of Language Functioning“. Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences, Vilnius, Lithuania. Book of Abstracts [pp. 47-48].